Steve's Rifle Cartridge Reloading
These are the techniques and equipment that I use to produce reloaded cartridges for bolt and semi-automatic rifles. Other techniques and equipment may be: better/worse, cheaper/costlier, safer/more dangerous or whatever. Read this stuff and use it or not, at your own risk!
Reference Material - These are the source of loading Data - You shouldn't trust ME!
~~~~~~P.O. Ackley - THE GUY!!!!
Dies - Generic Set-Up
~~~~~~More Dies -Lee, Redding, Lyman, Forster/Bonanza - Lots of Photos
Presses - Manual, Single Stage Only !
Components - Bullets - Primers - Powders
1. - Case Selection and Preparation - Clean and Polish
~~~~~~Boxer and Berdan Photos - You Gota Know What They Are
2. - Resizing - Generic Set-Up
~~~~~~Measuring CASE HEADSPACE! - That's Right, Cases Headspace as Well !
~~~~~~Rimmed and Belted Cases - Some Special Set-up Required
~~~~~~Wilson Adjustable Case Gage - Manufacturers Instructions
~~~~~~P O Ackley On Dies and Resizing - This Info Is NOT To Be Found in most Manuals
3. - Case Work - Primer Pockets, Flash Holes, Mouth Chamfering
4. - Case Trimming - They Grow, Just Like the Grass !
~~~~~~Some More Trimming - It just won't stop
5. - Priming the Cases - Where the Fire Comes From
~~~~~~Using the Primer Trays - Flipping Them Over
6. - Dispensing Powder - Scale and Trickler - Slow and Accurate
~~~~~~Powder Measure - Pretty Fast!
~~~~~~RCBS/Pact Electronic Dispenser and Scale - Pretty Expensive!
~~~~~~Dippers, and other Measures - Tried and True
7. - Bullet Seating - Generic Set-Up
~~~~~~RCBS Competition Seating Die - For Those Loooong shots
~~~~~~UnSeating or Pulling the Bullet - Undo Those Mistakes.
8. - Storage and Labeling - Keeping Track of your Work
9. - Working Up Loads