Gerald S. (Steve) Wagner, Jr.
R.D. 2 Box 313
Tyrone PA 16686
February 1998 - May 2002
Pennsylvania State University - Electronics Technician
Held various positions in the University's Central Control System and the Office of Physical Plant Electronics Shop.
May 1996 - January 1998
Altoona City Authority - Assistant Executive Director / Acting Executive Director
The Altoona City Authority is a $20 Million/Year Municipal Authority providing Water and Wastewater services to the City of Altoona, PA and surrounding communities.
November 1971 - May 1996
Gwin, Dobson & Foreman, Inc. - Engineering Manager
Gwin, Dobson & Foreman is an Altoona, PA based Civil and Municipal Consulting Engineering firm providing services to public and private clients in and around Pennsylvania.
- Responsible for the design of over 100 projects totaling more than over $300 million dollars of construction costs,
- Responsible for the accuracy and quality of the firm's output,
- Responsible for the design and construction of all instrumentation and analytical facilities in over 45 Water and Wastewater Treatment Facilities,
- Designed and constructed portable pilot treatment plants, one for testing the Slow Sand filtration process and two for testing the Direct Filtration process. The Slow Sand pilot unit was used to determine design parameters for two full size municipal treatment plants, one in Defiance PA and one in Mapleton Boro PA. The Direct Filtration units were used to pilot the Direct Filtration process on seven different watersheds serving (in part) the water needs for the City of Altoona. These units determined the design parameters for six full size treatment plants ranging in size from 1 Million Gallons Per Day (MGD) to 5 MGD having a combined capacity of 21 MGD.
- At the time of my leaving I was a member of the Board of Directors and the firm's Secretary/Treasurer.
November 1967 - November 1969
United States Marine Corps - Field Wireman and Electric Generating Plant Operator.
1977 - Present Proprietor of Gerald S. Wagner Custom Fabrication, a supplier and builder of limited and one-of-a-kind electrical and mechanical devices, specializing in process control and analytical systems incorporating temperature, flow, pressure and data logging devices.
1994 - 1996 Developed an improvement to an existing water treatment technology and was awarded US Patent No.5,552,045, Sliding Shoe Unit for automatic backwash filters.
1992 - Present Builder of precision target rifles, many used to garner awards in State and National High-Power Rifle Competitions.
- Proficient in hands-on troubleshooting and calibration of electronic, electrical, and mechanical systems, especially those involving PLC and computer controls, motor controls, and flow, pressure and temperature measuring devices.
- Proficient in developing and reading mechanical, engineering and electrical drawings and specifications.
- Possesses a working knowledge of machining and welding practices and procedures.
- Skilled in the design of hydraulic, electrical, mechanical, lighting, heating and cooling systems.
1966 Graduated from the Altoona High School, Altoona, PA, specializing in Electronics Technology.
1966 - 1967 and 1969 - 1971 Pennsylvania State University, Altoona Campus, various engineering studies.
1966 to Present Continuing Education courses in AutoCAD7, Excel7, Visual Basic 5.07, Water Treatment, Welding, Machine Shops, and so forth.
Licenses and Professional Memberships
- Commercial Radiotelephone Operators License - 1st Class
- Pennsylvania Water Treatment Operator Certificate Type WB1
- Amateur Radio Operators License - N3ZVT
- Instrument Society of America (ISA)
- American Water Works Association
- Pennsylvania Water Works Operators Association
- American Slow Sand Association
- Pennsylvania Rural Water Association